Monday, February 3, 2014

Disneyland Part 3, Hong Kong 2013


Guidebooks often advise that one of the best time to hit the popular rides are to go during the parades that usually happens at Disneyland in the afternoons or evenings. But I say, unless you plan to stay more than 1 day at the park, you should never ever miss the parades because they are spectacular! The songs are infectious and I always find myself boogie-ing away and then going home to youtube them later to relieve the magic!


Hong Kong Disneyland's parade is called the Flight of Fantasy Parade! The floats include Mickey's Magical Airship (Mickey & Friends), Caught Up in Daydreams (Winnie the Pooh), Romance Takes Wings (Disney Princesses), Jumpin' Jungle Jam (The Jungle Book, The Lion King & Tarzan), The Magic of Pixie Dust (Tinkerbell), Hangin' Ten and Ridin' High (Lilo & Stitch) and To Infinity and Beyond (Toy Story). The Toy Story float was the only one I didn't manage to get a good shot.


I am so thrilled with these set of photographs! I had to do a fair bit of awkward twisting and standing on tip-toes (on a bench!) to frame the head of the woman beside me out, and worrying about the steadiness of my hand but everything came out perfectly! Mickey was looking straight at me! Can't top that!

We were standing on benches in the courtyard island in front of the castle. We took that spot because we were rather late to stake a pavement-side seat but in the end they were some of the best spots for photographs. Elevated above the crowds, we got really good views of the floats and the characters on them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...