Friday, October 19, 2012

Wulai, Taipei 2012








It takes a little time and effort to get yourself to Wulai, an aboriginal district north of Taipei, but I think it's worth the trip to get out of the city for some fresh mountain air. The tourist-friendly way of getting to Wulai is take the subway to Xindian and then to hop onto Bus No. 849. Try not to eat too heavy a breakfast because the bus journey is very swervy through the mountain roads, on the plus side it's also incredibly scenic. Another reason to keep your stomach empty because you will want fill it up with the fresh, simple aboriginal fare in Wulai. I am not joking when I say that I made the trip up primarily for the food.

I am incredibly in love with the Lomography X Tungsten 64 film. This is the first roll that I shot on it and I find the subtle purple shift gives the images more depth and a feeling of fullness. It's early days yet but it might displace the Lomography Chrome film as my favourite Lomography film.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...