Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Inspiring Singapore // Cat Socrates

Note: Inspiring Singapore is my scrapbook of made-in-singapore blogs, design, photography, places, events or art. they really can be anything but they will always have two things in common, always inspiring and all Singaporean. This is my tribute to my country.

Tomorrow is also Singapore's National Day, happy birthday, country of mine!

I am resurrecting this little series that I started last year. I really do have a long list of things to feature within this column and I am finally sitting down to do this properly. To give you some idea of my determination, I even started draft posts!

Today, I am introducing you to Cat Socrates, my absolute favourite store in Singapore. I love it so much that once I spent so much, I actually qualified for the members' card.


Cosmic clashes last Saturday brought me into the vicinity of Bras Basah Complex where Cat Socrates is located. They had recently announced that they were moving to a bigger space in the complex and I was excited to see what was in store.

Walking into the new store, the atmosphere is much the same as the previous. Subtle lighting, baskets of trinklets on every available surface, inviting you to rifle through them and to search for your heart's delight. I always leave with a little something. This time, it was no exception, I bought myself a new laptop bag, a polaroid album and a couple of rolls of Lucky 200 film. Besides paper products, tin toys and crafty materials, they also have a neat selection of analogue and Lomography cameras, Ferrania Solaris films (my favourite negative) and camera accessories.







Cat Socrates also invites submissions of photographs for little exhibitions that they hold in-house. This month's theme is Fisheye, and I am planning to rifle through my files to submit a couple of shots. To find out about new products and exhibition themes, you can subscribe to their mailing list, their emails never fail to perk up my inbox!

Cat Socrates
#02-25, Bras Basah Complex
231 Bain Street

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...