Monday, May 14, 2012

Mornington Peninsular, Part 1

With the promise of blue skies and spectacular scenearies for our day trip to the Mornington Peninsular, I knew I had to choose a special film to document the day. I decided to use one of my favourite slides, the Fuji Velvia 50 and double down by processing this film the way it should be with E-6 processing

I was thrilled at the roll turned out, from the second I received my film back, I couldn't stop looking at how beautiful the colours were and how much more depth there seems to be in each image. There seems to be a bit of a purple tinge i some of them but I don't mind them, I find it adds to the unpredictability of the slide film. I look forward to experimenting more with E-6 processing but I will have to do it sparingly because it's much more expensive than the common C-41 process.


We booked a day tour with Gray Line Tours. It was a simple online process but you have to call them up a couple of days in advance to make sure the tour is running on the day you want it because they have a minimum quota to fill. The original date we wanted was below quota and we had to shift our itinerary around a little. We had to do the tour on our last full day in Melbourne instead of in the middle. The tour was a fairly comfortable size, about 10ish people which makes for lots of space on the coach for everyone to sprawl about to their heart's content.

We headed out of Melbourne via St Kilda, along the shoreline, where the tour guide kept a rambling spiel about the development of St Kilda. As we passed by Albert Park, I was really thrilled to find out that some of the roads we traversed were part of the F1 Melbourne Grand Prix circuit! (Little known fact about me, I am a Formula 1 racing fan!) It was a bit of a drive towards Mornington Peninsular and our first stop was for Devonshire Tea at Arthur's Seat. It's just so elegant to have tea with scones, and with that lovely view from the windows.


After tea, we headed to the strawberry fields to pick our little box of fruits. It was a fun experience picking the strawberries, trying to find the brightest, reddest and ripest fruits to bring home. Strawberries taste so much better when picked by your own hands!

More about Mornington in the next post...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...