Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The League of Honest Coffee, Melbourne



I first read about The League of Honest Coffee on Happy To Serve You, a blog that all coffee lovers in or going to Melbourne should read. As a lover of the colour green, I was instantly attracted to the colour scheme of the cafe, lime green, yellow and wood, with the espresso machines, coffee grinders, wall paints, cups and chairs all colour coordinated. The second point of attraction was the address, 8 Exploration Lane. It makes me feel like that there could be all sorts of opportunities and adventures waiting as we walk down it!


The League was at the top of my list of coffee places to visit in Melbourne, so by hook or by crook, we would have to get to it somehow. Imagine my excitement when I found out that Space Hotel, where we were staying was just around the corner from the cafe! It's fate, I tell you! Immediately, after we put down our luggages, we made our way down there for our first shot of Melbourne coffee.


Being part of the Padre Coffee family, The League serves Padre Coffee. It was such a beautiful cup and I truly enjoyed every sip of my cappucino. It also woke me up properly after an early start flying from Sydney to Melbourne. We loved our coffee so much that we made a return trip later that week for a morning cuppa before heading out to the Mornington Peninsular. The only cafe to have the distinction of a return trip.

Oh hey! I just checked back on Happy To Serve You, and guess what! The League of Honest Coffee now has a custom built green shipping container from which they are serving coffee at the new People's Market in Docklands! I didn't think they could get any cooler but they just did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...