Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Darkroom Army Presents: Tara Mcpherson & The Cotton Candy Machine Show


Interrupting this blog's regular programming with three bits of great news. Or maybe four.

01. Peek! (one of Singapore's dedicated only to analogue photography store) is turning TWO YEARS OLD and is expanding to include a new second floor. Now, where did that two years go, it seems just like yesterday when I heard of the store's opening! Happy Happy Birthday, Peek!

02. Their new second floor will be home to the new Darkroom Army Gallery Store. Formerly known as Red Army Camera, Darkroom Army aspires to combine art and analogue photography. Their most well-known-to-me product are the refurbished Fed-5B cameras. I remember spending an afternoon last year at Peek swooning over these cameras, which leads me to my third piece of good news..

03. Darkroom Army will be loaning me, and a few other photo bloggers the Fed-5B cameras to play with! There are currently two line of Fed-5B cameras that Darkroom Army is offering, The Darkroom Army Pantone Collection and The Darkroom Army X Artist Collection. I am not sure which edition of the Fed-5B camera they will be loaning us but I am very very taken with Bumblebee, Heritage and most of all, Peppermint. This will also be my first time working with a Russian camera and I am very much looking forward to the experience. I should be receiving the camera this weekend, and I can't wait!



04. And that's not all, to launch the new Gallery Store, Darkroom Army will be unveiling the latest addition to The Darkroom Army X Artist Collection with the Tara McPherson edition titled Love Blows. This new camera will be launched in conjunction with the opening of the Gallery Store and the  The Cotton Candy Machine pop-up store at Peek! on 18 & 19th February. Tara McPherson will be there in person and it looks to be an excitement-packed weekend! I wish I was there already.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...