Monday, January 2, 2012

Inspiring Singapore // Wanderlust Hotel

Note: Inspiring Singapore is my scrapbook of made-in-singapore blogs, design, photography, places, events or art. they really can be anything but they will always have two things in common, always inspiring and all Singaporean. This is my tribute to my country.


Earlier this year, I had the opportunity to tag along with a friend for a tour of Wanderlust Hotel, a boutique hotel located in the heart of Little India. With a name like Wanderlust, I was expecting it to be all sorts of beautiful and I wasn't disappointed. Unlike other hotels which may engage only 1 or 2 designers to decorate the rooms, Wanderlust allocated one floor each to four top Singaporean design agencies and gave them full creative freedom to do whatever they wanted. The results were nothing short of spectacular.

Lobby Level
Concept: Industrial Glam
Agency: Asylum

The Yellow Submarine Room
Level 2
Concept: Eccentricity
Agency: :phunk Studio

The Flowers Room
Level 2
Concept: Is It Just Black and White
Agency: DP Architects

The Typewriter Room

The Space Room
Level 3
Concept: Creature Comforts
Agency: fFurious

I know where I will be staying the next time I need a staycation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...