Tuesday, February 8, 2011

[cambodia 2010] angkor wat in blue, glorious, blue













now this roll of film, i adore very much! these photos really came out amazing because they were taken as we were making our way out of angkor wat. by then, most of the clouds had cleared away for the blue skies to shine through. for the first three photographs, i was experimenting with the horizontal rule of thirds, pointing my camera up higher to only photograph the tip of the buildings and for more sky to fill the image. i think they came out really well, especially the first one which is my favourite!


from my research of the films i brought for the trip, i expected that the sensia 200 film when cross-processed would give off green and yellow hues but what came out was the most vibrant blues ever. i did also get some of the greens that i expected which i will share soon.  i had expected the agfa ct precisa film to give me the brilliant blues hues but it gave me greens. i thought that the sensia 200 would give me greens but it gave me blues! just goes to show that film will always always surprise you even when you thought you knew something. don't you just love the unpredictability? :)


holga 135bc, fuji sensia 200




replies (i am extremely behind on them, forgive me!)


from [cambodia 2010] my one true film love

nemar_774: me too! i am stocking them up!

hana: hello, thank you for visiting my blog. it's definitely a shame, i just hope they will continue to stock the other ISOs.

becca & elle: thank you!



from [cambodia 2010] a glimpse of angkor

barbara: thank you, agfa ct precisa is a gorgeous film.



from [cambodia 2010] angkor wat through the fisheye

cesar: thank you!

jihee: lol, you are so good for my ego. but this roll wasn't as exciting as i had hoped for when i had one of the most magnificent structures in the world right before me.

4 comments:

  1. oh my, these are stunning, I love them all but the first three are exceptionally pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with above ^ they're stunning! I really love them because the deep blue is so refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shots. In my experience I did get greens from Sensia, so your result is quite surprising. Nice blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shots. In my experience I did get greens from Sensia, so your result is quite surprising. Nice blog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...