Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Rainy First Day, Taipei 2014


My trip to Taipei earlier in May was a milestone for me both personally and professionally. It was my first solo trip abroad and I was there to attend a conference at National Taiwan University (NTU) as a speaker. I had submitted a paper for consideration at an international conference and my paper was selected to be presented!

I landed in Taipei on a rainy and thundery Tuesday morning. According to student liaisons who picked me up at the airport, it was a freak thunderstorm rather than the regular, light, rain they were expecting. Although the rain continued relentlessly for the next two days, it let up for a little while as I walked through the NTU campus to the Main Library building to sign in for the conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...