Sunday, December 9, 2012

Simple Market, Taipei 2012
















A farmer's and craft market set in the heart of Taipei City, Simple Market was a must-visit on my solo day's itinerary. It runs every Sunday at the Xinyi Public Assembly Hall, outside Good Cho's 好丘 and is organised by Simple Life 简单生活, the company that runs Good Cho's 好丘 and the Simple Life Festival 简单生活节. Stall tenants change up regularly and most items are hand-crafted from baked goods, to coffee roasted and brewed on the spot, camera straps, bookmarks and many other little goodies. Not surprisingly, I spent a good amount of my money buying little souvenirs for my friends and family. Many of the shopkeepers are college-aged students and were so friendly. Most of them were surprised to know that I was a foreigner and wanted to know all about how my trip had been and what Singapore was like. I really wished I had more time to stay awhile to talk and to take in the indie music performances that were scheduled for the afternoon. Well, there's always next time. I already know that whenever I am in Taipei, my Sunday will be reserved for a jaunt to Simple Market.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...